PROGRAM MISSION The Building Construction program provides a sound background in principles and practices of residential and commercial construction. Courses of instruction include methods and materials of construction, building codes and specifications, architectural and computer-aided drafting, surveying, cost estimates, and computer principles. Students also take courses in statics, strength of materials and steel structures. Management courses include: construction scheduling, organization and supervision of construction, labor an industrial relations, and legal environment of business.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES The Building Construction Technology program provides for student achievement of the following outcomes:
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate professional communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team in a technological environment.
- Graduates will have ability to demonstrate higher order learning skills by applying knowledge of science, mathematics, and computer applications to address real world construction problems.
- Graduates will have ability to access and evaluate current knowledge and information for application to emerging construction problems.
- Graduates will be able to apply principles of leadership, management, and supervision in a variety of technological construction settings.
- Graduates will have ability to employ global technologies to address social, economic and environmental issues.