The Master of Islamic Studies (MIS) degree is designed to meet the needs of those interested in pursuing their studies at higher level in this area. It is also aimed at developing specializations in various areas of Islamic studies, such as Usuluddin (Theology), Shariah (Islamic Law and Jurisprudence), Dakwah (Preaching of Islam), and Islamic History.
Offered to candidates who do not have a specific degree in Shariah or Usuluddin but are interested to do interdisciplinary research in their area of specialization and Islamic Studies. This programme offers research opportunity at master level for candidate with background from various disciplines either Islamic Studies or not.
Some of special areas of research under this program include :-
- Islamic Education
- Islamic Studies with Science
- Islam and Social Sciences
Students may also choose to undertake research in the one of the following areas of specialization:
- Fiqh and Usul Fiqh
- Shariah Law and Comparative Law
- Islamic Economy and Comparative Economy
- Islamic Management and Islamic Finance
- Siasah Syar’iyyah and Islamic Governance
- Aqidah and Islamic Thought
- Al-Qur’an and al-Hadith
- Islamic History and Islamic Civilization
- Da’wah and Human Development